Friday, March 27, 2009

What?? It's Tomorrow??

Okay- Sara here. Exactly 24 hours from now Janell and I will have begun our 13.09 mi. journey and will most likely be hating ourselves pretty hard core. WHAT possessed us to do this?? I'm a wee bit terrified, if you can't tell. I mean- that's a long way to run! And Janell's foot is barely better! And there are lots of HILLS on this route! Of course there are a few things to be excited about at the finish line: A free t-shirt (which we of course paid for with our registration fee); All our friends and family who came to watch us run through that finish line looking like death; And this year, the Bearathon has decided to give all the finishers (even if you come in last) green bear paw medals. Move aside "Most Improved" 5th Grade Softball Team trophy-- I have a new athletic accomplishment to display! So I think as I'm running, when I begin to get dismayed, I will close my eyes (well not really-- more like I'll stare into space-- I'm pretty clumsy) and envision that brand-new shirt and gleaming green medal in the distance. Plus I'll probably be motivated to keep running as I watch all the old people, pregnant women, and kids on tricycles pass me. Though I am terrified- I'm pretty pumped. This is going to be exciting! Thanks for all of you who have been faithful readers of Janell and my first attempt at a blog. We couldn't have done it without you! (Literally: Often times we would have to say "NO, we can't STOP- what will our blog followers think? No no, that's too embarrassing!) So say a little prayer tomorrow morning for us- and keep posted tomorrow evening or Sunday for a follow-up post after the race! 

2 comments: