Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bronchitis.... not the best motivation to run

So this weekend I contracted a somewhat severe case of bronchitis. I have had a pretty high fever off and on the past few days and have felt like a few trucks ran over me... repeatedly. As you can imagine, I have NOT kept up with the marathon training... we were supposed to run 7 miles on Saturday and like 5 on Sunday but I decided the best choice would be for me to lie on the couch (after I returned from the D-Now I was doing.. pretty sure I was NOT the most effective leader while hacking up my lungs!) and sleep/stare into space for two days. So now I'm behind at work, behind with school stuff, and definitely behind with running. I'm back at work today, but I don't think I'll be able to run today cause I still feel a bit like I'm swimming through life and can barely laugh without going into a coughing fit! BUT THE BRONCHITIS WILL NOT CONQUER ME! I WILL OVERCOME! **insert inspirational music and Sara/Janell running montage**. Just wanted to give all of our faithful blog groupies a bit of an update. My goal is to be running hard core again by Thursday or Friday... so we shall see!! 

1 comment:

  1. laughed really hard when I read the "montage" moment. hilarious. love you, Sara!

    ReplyDelete