Monday, January 19, 2009

Housesitting and Celebrity Sightings

Well, sorry for the lack of posts this week. It has been a little crazy. I am currently housesitting for a family that is on vacation with some friends of mine. They are on a cruise from New Zealand to Australia...SO JEALOUS. The fun part about all of this is that they have a blind dog named Princess (if that tells you anything) that I am taking care of. I will have some interesting stories about her later, but for now let's stick to the running.
Saturday we had our longest run thus far...6 miles. Just a little under halfway what we'll be doing in a couple of months. To make matters worse, Sara was in Waco for the weekend, so I had to run it alone. Blah. Saturday was also the day that Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo tickets went on sale. In my family, this is like 2nd in importance only to Opening Day of baseball season, so I knew I had to be done with my run and back at my apartment by 10 so I could get tickets to the shows me and my sisters wanted. So I woke up at like 8 and went to Old Settler's to run. It was actually a pretty good run. I finished it in just over an hour. And, of course, we got all of our rodeo tickets...looks like Sara will be seeing her first rodeo ever on March 20th!

Yesterday was just 4 miles, so Sara and I ran that in my new neighborhood. Then we went with her friend Erika to see Revolutionary Road. Leo and Kate were amazing, but I'm not sure I would recommend it. Pretty depressing. However, I did keep my celebrity-spotting streak alive (for those of you that don't know, I am notorious for running into celebrities - ask me about the time I chased 50 Cent through LaGuardia airport) when we were leaving the theater. There sitting at one of the tables in the lobby was THIS guy from Friday Night Lights (which just so happens to film in Austin) His name is Jesse Plemons.

I actually don't even watch that show, but I saw an interview on E! just a couple of days ago with him talking about the new season. So I am positive it was him. I should've gone up to him and taken a picture, but he was pretty deep in conversation with some girl. Oh well...better luck next time.

Well, I am really excited about this week, because I think we have to run 4 miles tomorrow, and on Wednesday, we only have to run 3!! I never thought I would be so excited about running 3 miles. What have I become???? But on Saturday, w have to run 7...AND I'm going to be at a D-Now in Highlands! So I guess I will be getting up early...my FAVORITE!

On a serious note, this running thing has given me a lot of perspective on my relationship with the Lord. I feel like sometimes I don't feel like I have the strength to deal with certain situations, and then I realize it's because I never asked for it. I just try to do it in my own strength. There have been times when I'm running, that I just want to stop and give up, because I don't think my body can handle it. But it's then that God reminds me that my BODY can handle it, it's my faith that can't. I simply need to ask for the faith to push myself. I think that applies to our everyday life as well...we don't push ourselves because we are afraid we will fail. When did we start making God so small?? Just something to think about.

Well, thanks to my new pad, Bachelor-Blizzard Monday will be in style for the next couple of weeks. :-) And if he does not get rid of crazy-stalker-Shannon this week, I may have to boycott!! Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Some girl probably being his long-time girlfriend... her name is Courtney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only reason you have all these "celebrity sightings" is that you know who the crap these people are. The rest of us might have more "celebrity sightings" if we knew who the random guy from Friday Night Lights was!!!! I do have to say that watching you chase 50 cent through the airport was one of the highlights from the trip to NYC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...very true sister. And "Anonymous"...the only reason I am not deleting your ridiculous comment is because I think it's funny that someone cyber-stalked my blog just to tell me about homeboy's long-time girlfriend. I didn't realize I was insulting her by not digging around on the internet to find out if he had a girlfriend and what her name was. I wasn't trying to hit on the guy.
    But thanks for the information. Kudos, Courtney.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a new pad?

    And yes, I totally agree. We tend to put God in a box without even knowing it.

    ReplyDelete